Sunday, June 8, 2014

His and Her.......by His


Upon graduation from the prestigious California State University at Chico, I took a weeklong trip to Ireland with my brother. That was my first time venturing away from the good ole US of A. Until then, I had very little desire to travel abroad. I do not know if it was the country’s culinary excellence, the warmth of the locals or the fact that everyone there looked like my father; but that trip had a profound impact on the trajectory of my life. As soon as we returned, I was eager to head out again and explore another foreign country. That was in 2001. Since then, I have lived and traveled abroad numerous times; each trip wetting the palate of my now insatiable desire to see and do more. Unfortunately, I have yet to return to Europe. Each summer seemingly filling up with life’s ever increasing demands. Until now. This summer, I have traded in my brother for a prettier model named Jessica (sorry Nate). We are headed to Europe for 24 days of eating, drinking and beautifully awkward cultural experiences. Our trip will take us to London, Brussels, Amsterdam, Paris, Barcelona and all points in between. Parts of our trip have been meticulously planned while others have been left to chance. Partially (mostly) due to laziness and a youthful desire to throw stuff against the wall to see what sticks. This blog will be a “his and her” affair. Jessica and I will post along the way and if all goes well we will still be on speaking terms by the end of this adventure.

1 comment:

  1. Be sure to check out Harrods and catch a mid-afternoon play.

    ReplyDelete